HOME
CHURCHES
BUSINESSES
THIS 'N THAT
SCHOOLS
SERVICES
EMPLOYMENT
RECREATION
HOMES PROPERTY
FOR SALE OR RENT
NEWS & EVENTS
LINKS
FRANKLIN CEMETERY
 
FREE LAND

St Paul’s Lutheran Church

406 W 1st St ~ 283-4729  

 

In 1886 traveling preachers came to the area.  At the time there was no certain worship building, so many services were held at Crown Point and Mulberry.

 

After many preachers and lots of organization, the first Lutheran Church building was dedicated May 14, 1893.

On March 1, 1923 the new preacher drew up plans for the present church building.  The building was built and dedicated on December 4, 1924.  A small parish addition built in 1962 was removed and a larger addition dedicated in November 1978.

Today the church is active and alive with 100 members.

   

 

United Methodist Church

201 N Minnesota Ave ~ 283-4489

 

The first Methodist church was organized in August 1886 and known as Tescott Methodist Episcopal Church.  The church building was then dedicated June 14, 1890.  Due to a defect in the acetylene “wiring” the church burned down on    November 10, 1907.

The second and still today’s church building was complete January  of 1909.  Early 1980’s the Sunday School rooms and the social hall were added.  A new parsonage was dedicated debt-free on January 28, 1973.

Today the church is very active with 100 members.  Many activities are held, including Youth Group that is held on Wednesday’s after school till 5:00 pm.

 

To Contact Us:

Phone: 785-283-4337

Fax:  785-283-4435

E-mail: tescottcity@twinvalley.net